The Real Estate and Finance Practice Group represents clients in all facets of commercial real estate transactions from acquisition and development work through financing and leasing matters, the ultimate sale of the property, as well as the myriad of operational issues that arise throughout the term of ownership. Our lawyers have expertise with respect to all property types, including office, industrial, retail, multi-family, residential, studio, resort, golf course, hotel, self-storage and mixed use. The Elkins Kalt real estate team is comprised of a dynamic group providing clients sophisticated advice delivered with value, business savvy and the highest degree of service. The group’s many clients include buyers, sellers, developers, equity investors, lenders, borrowers, tenants and landlords.
The firm’s real estate attorneys have extensive experience handling the details associated with commercial real estate including:
- Purchase and sale
- Real estate finance (including debt and preferred equity)
- Commercial real estate lending
- Commercial leasing
- Joint ventures and investment funds
- Workouts and loan restructuring
- Development and construction
- Land banking transactions
- Hotel management and license agreements
Our attorneys focus on finding solutions to help our clients capitalize on business opportunities. Some transactions we have been involved in include:
- Represented sponsor in negotiation of numerous preferred equity investments with opportunity fund on hotel developments throughout United States.
- On behalf of a hotel owner, negotiated and documented the re-financing and re-capitalization of two hotel properties, involving a new joint venture agreement between the sponsor and a REIT.
- Represented REIT in negotiations of 100,000 square feet lease with television station at TV Studio.
- Represented borrower in $235 million construction loan fo development project in Hollywood, CA.
- Negotiated and documented the sale of an office building in San Francisco for approximately $235 million on behalf of a major pension fund.
- Represented the seller in a $200 million portfolio sale of fee and leasehold medical properties located throughout the Southwestern United States.
- On behalf of a pension fund and development company, documented and negotiated, built-to-suit leases with a major high tech company involving millions of square feet.
- Acquisition of a multi-building corporate campus in Northern California for one of the largest apparel companies in the United States.
- Represented operators/sponsors in the structuring and negotiation of joint ventures with Wall Street opportunity funds, public and private pensions funds and various private equity firms.
- Acquisition of millions of square feet of industrial property in Southern California on behalf of regional and national development/investment companies.
- Structured and negotiated multi-collateral, multi-state financing transaction, including acquisition, construction and permanent financing.
- On behalf of a national development company, structured and negotiated a sale-leaseback bond financing built-to-suit transaction involving a significant academic institution.
- Acquisition and financing of a hotel development project in Philadelphia on behalf of the owner/borrower, including obtaining construction, permanent and EB5 financing and negotiation of management agreement with a national brand.
- Represented a joint venture in the acquisition, financing, development and sale to a public company of one of the largest industrial buildings in the United States.